Living the dream on Special Event and Trip Days!
Whether a camper dreams of being a Color War General or dreams of being wacky on Wacky Wednesdays, Watitoh is all about tradition.
Campers can’t wait for Red, White and Blue Day, British Empire Day and Pan Am Day, track meets, swim meets, and apache relays. From Camp Big Sister/Little Sister field games to Camp Big Brother/Little Brother flag football, from the boys’ Belly Flop contest to the girls’ MTV Night, everyone dreams of special events! And then there is OLYMPIAD, the Watitoh version of Color War, where spirit and tradition reach an all-time high.
Watitoh campers have all the extraordinary advantages of the Berkshire area cultural attractions in their trip program. According to their age and interest they attend such amazing events as:
- Hiking Mt. Greylock
- Canoe trips down the Farmington River
- Tanglewood concerts
- Dance performances at Jacob’s Pillow
- Theater performances at Barrington Stage Company
- The Clark Art Museum in Williamstown
- The Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge
- Chesterwood, the home, studio, and gardens of artist Daniel Chester French
- All-camp trip to Six Flags-New England
- Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY
- Basketball Hall of Fame
- Sr Camp Trip to Boston